Here we go.

13 November 2008

I have to tell you my dream from last night. It stems from a conversation I had w/ mum, KMHD & ATM. We were talking about how tacky & wrong Christian missionaries are. I mean, they go to third world countries, wag their bags of rice in hungry starving people's faces and tell them that they may have a bowl, but only after they listen to their wonderful tale of Christ. What bullshit. The worst part about it is how "fulfilled" & proud they feel doing this. God's work. OMG, no.


Anyway, in my dream, we (like all of us, me & my friends) were "fun" missionaries. We went to any third world country and introduced them to games like dodgeball & kickball. We also brought with us a sunglasses vendor so we could give our new "friends" some knock-off shades. We weren't gonna stuff our beliefs down their throats, man, we were just gonna show those people how to have a good time! Why so sad, you know? At one point in my dream, a little malnourished boy came up to me and handed me an iPod. He said that he finished listening to all of the songs on this one, can he have another?

Nice, huh? I can be such a jerk dreamer. I woke up completely hating the dream version of us.

1 comment:

Alannah said...

better an a-hole in your dreams, than an a-hole in real life, I guess.

Blog Archive